Jeez I just discovered I've only posted a single recipe on this. Time to change that.
Chicken for dinner tonight. I was feeling a little adventurous, and definitely wanted some miso involved, but also felt like cayenne pepper and shallow-fried chicken strips. Here's the result! This went really well on a base of bulgur wheat, and with a side of stir fried veggies.
- Two chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cut the chicken into strips, sized similarly to your two thumbs together.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl, and stir or shake until mixed.
- Taste your flour coating!! Make sure it's delicious, and make sure it's spicy enough.
- Mix your miso paste with a little hot water until smooth. It should be quite thick, you don't want it dripping off.
- Coat all the chicken in the miso paste.
- Roll the chicken strips in the flour until thoroughly coated.
- Pan-fry in a very hot pan, for about 2 minutes per side.